Friday, December 19, 2008

Adele rocks my socks off

I stumbled across Adele a couple of weeks ago, and I can't say enough. That voice just makes my ears so happy - so bluesy and soulful - and it's superbly mixed with some jazzy melodies backing her up and some catchy lyrics.

What made me pick her up initially was a review calling her "what Amy Winehouse should have been" or something like that. Having loved Amy's "Frank" (i.e., the pre-crackhead Winehouse album) and enjoyed "Back to Black", comparing someone to her is definitely going to catch my attention. I haven't been disappointed, and it's a perfect comparison. Similar voices, similar sounds, but hopefully not similar career arcs.

If you love some powerful female vocals, give her a try. I doubt you'll be disappointed!

No comments: